WASHINGTON: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un deployed flattery and florid prose in the letters that forged his diplomatic courtship of Donald Trump, according to a new book on the US president.The pair’s personal relationship has been a key driver of diplomacy between Washington and Pyongyang, veering from mutual insults and threats of war to a declaration of love from Trump.”Rage” by Washington Post investigative journalist Bob Woodward unveils 25 letters the pair exchanged, in which Kim uses over-the-top wording as he fawns over Trump while they formed a most unusual friendship.Addressing Trump as “Your Excellency”, Kim’s letters are filled with flattering language and personal comments, according to transcripts released by CNN.”Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency’s hand at the beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honor of that day,” Kim wrote to Trump on Christmas Day, 2018, following their first meeting in Singapore.It was the first ever encounter between a North Korean leader and a sitting US president and even after the collapse of their second summit in Hanoi, Kim described Singapore as “a moment of glory that remains… Read full this story
- Book reveals "Deep Throat" of Harvey Weinstein investigation
- Busy Philipps on Her New Book, Being Instagram Famous and Making 'a Late Night Show for All of Us'
- Sen. Jeff Flake's new book draws the line between Trumpism and conservatism
- Ann Coulter springs am-Bush in new book
- Allen Iverson’s sad saga from All-Star NBA point guard to debt-ridden divorcee revealed in new book ‘Not A Game’
- Marilyn Monroe diary revealing insecurities, suicidal thoughts in poems, letters set for new book
- Navy SEALs had two options in Osama Bin Laden raid, writes former member in new book
- New book on Hank Aaron 'The Last Hero' by Howard Bryant examines legacy of legendary slugger
- Junior Gotti's night to remember: Sister Victoria Gotti describes secret Mafia ceremony in new book
- Former President Bill Clinton's card with nuke codes went missing for months, new book asserts
'Magical force': New book reveals Trump-Kim letters have 344 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.