A professional organisation that protects the right of local photographers is badly needed as copyright infringement of photos has become increasingly sophisticated, experts have said. Many photographers are concerned that their work is being used unethically. — Photo nld.com.vn The HCM City Photography Association recently drafted a petition on the issue of copyright infringement in photography and sent it to authorities in an effort to prevent copyright violations. More than 450 members of the association signed the petition and requested authorities to be more mindful when it comes to approving photographic images of art performances on LED screens, which are often used for advertising. According to Người Lao Động (The Labourer) newspaper, photo piracy has become very sophisticated. Many social media users, communication agencies and art performances have taken photos from Google or photographers' Facebook pages for personal use without permission. Various consumer products, advertising sites, online newspapers and printed leaflets promoting fashion, tourism and food have even used copyrighted photos for commercial purposes. As the 2021 calendar season market is now kicking off, photo privacy will occur more frequently. "There are clients that pay for one-time use of my photos, but they continue using them multiple times," photographer Nguyen A said. Photographer Phan Thong Anh added that there are cases in which certain businesses are asked to… Read full this story
- Authorship and ownership of copyright
- Origin of ‘Stairway to Heaven’ questioned at copyright trial
- Led Zeppelin rocks copyright case over ‘Stairway’
- Tiger census shows positive trend; but what about deaths of the endangered species in non-protected areas?
- Supreme Court rules states are immune from copyright law
- Katy Perry Wins Appeal in ‘Dark Horse’ Infringement Case
- LeBron James sued by photographer
- Stolen melodies: Copyright law in Africa
- Safeway, Union Reach Agreement On Protections For Workers During Coronavirus Outbreak
- These photographers are spreading joy to people impacted by coronavirus by taking portraits at their doorsteps
Local photographers need protection from copyright infringement have 311 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.