Italian Interior Minister Luciana Lamorgese has sent a draft letter to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte which could dismantle the anti-mass migration decrees enacted by populist Senator Matteo Salvini.Prime Minister Conte has previously stated that he wants to reform the security decrees which placed large fines on migrant transport NGOs and greatly restricted their activity to bring in migrants from the Libyan coast. While Interior Minister Lamorgese has already reduced the fines to between €10,000 and €15,000, much of the security decrees remain in place such as the ban on residency permits for failed asylum seekers under “humanitarian” grounds. According to a report from newspaper Il Giornale, the Conte left-wing coalition government is now looking to reverse the Salvini decrees and open the country back up to mass migration. The new decree is expected to contain nine articles in total, one of which could expand the “special protection” that went on to replace the humanitarian protection residency permit. Italian Coastguard Tells German Migrant Taxi NGO Ship to Go to Germany https://t.co/DE59hLLMwn — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) September 23, 2020 For at least the past year, the coalition of the Democratic Party (PD) and the Five Star Movement has discussed scrapping the anti-mass… Read full this story
- The Latest: Salvini says populists will control 150 EU seats
- The Latest: Salvini: 'The rules are changing in Europe'
- The Latest: Salvini's League to be Italy's biggest party
- Anti-migrant politicians bond at razor wire fence in Hungary
- UN tells Italy proposed decree violates migrants' rights
- Italy bans German rescue ship with 100 migrants
- The Latest: Spanish turnout rises to 49% in European vote
- The Latest: Turnout up in large EU countries
- The Latest: Jailed or exiled, Catalan separatists on ballot
- We the Scattered in the Insult Society : Indybay
Leftist Italian Govt Set to Dismantle Salvini Anti-Mass Migration Decrees have 281 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.