Java olive trees grown in Ninh Thuận Province’s Thuận Nam District. — VNA/VNS Photo Nguyễn Thành NINH THUẬN — The cultivation of Java olive trees in vacant lands, bare hills and mountains in the sout-central province of Ninh Thuận is fetching farmers high incomes from harvesting their sap and has increased the forest cover. The tree sap is used as a beverage since it is high in nutritional value, and is also used in the cosmetics and food processing industries. Nguyễn Thành is among the farmers who have planted Java olive trees in mountainous fields in Ninh Phước District’s Phước Dân Commune, and earns a good income from their sap. In 2010, with the support of the Thuận Nam District Protective Forest management, he planted 6,000 trees on his 2.5ha field, and began to tap the sap five years later. He harvests two to three times a year, and earning VNĐ60 million (US$2,600) each time, he said. Java olive trees grow easier than many others, require less tending and offer high incomes, he said. Farmers can also use the leaves of the tree to feed cows, goats, sheep, and other livestock. The tree has a large trunk,… Read full this story
- Ninh Thuan develops large-scale fields
- Discovering oldest brocade weaving village in Ninh Thuan
- New planting of olive trees on former Roddy Ranch golf property
- Africa's charcoal trade is decimating fragile forest cover
- Budget changes ‘offer opportunity to farmers to invest in their businesses’
- The Little-Known Italian Seaside Gem That Offers Beach Life and High Culture
- People With High Income Really Like Watching Netflix's GLOW
- CineAsia preview: Hong Kong convention offers diverse seminars and high-frame-rate 3D 'Hobbit'
- Binh Thuan attempts to combat desertification
- Review: Amanjiwo, Borobudur (Java, Indonesia)
Java olive trees offer Ninh Thuận farmers high incomes, increase forest cover have 291 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.