(CNN)President Donald Trump turned his first debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden into a chaotic disaster. Trump bullied, bulldozed and obfuscated his way through the 90-minute showdown, interrupting Biden and moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News at every turn. He ignored substantive questions and Biden’s policy arguments, and instead swung at a straw-man version of Biden, taking aim at both Biden’s son and a distorted description of his record that exists primarily in far-right media. Fact checking Biden and Trump at the first presidential debate Over Trump’s interruptions, Biden responded by mocking the President, calling him a “clown,” a “racist” and “the worst president America has ever had.” He criticized Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, his failure to produce a health care plan and his response to protests over racial injustice. Over and over, Wallace tried to regain control of the debate, without success. When Trump complained that only he was being chastised for talking over questions and Biden’s answers, Wallace shot back: “Frankly, you have been doing more interrupting.” Read More Trump, who has trailed Biden in national and swing-state polls, made little effort to reach out to voters who do not currently support him. He could have… Read full this story
- Senate pro-life caucus chairman rails against Biden abortion executive orders
- Biden makes inroads with progressives
- Tucker Carlson, Al Sharpton Defend Biden Role in 1994 Crime Bill: Black Caucus Majority Supported 'Mistake'
- Here's What the Polls Say Ahead of Donald Trump, Joe Biden Presidential Debate
- Trump and Biden's Final Presidential Debate Drew More Viewers than Both of Obama's
- Biden takes cautious approach ahead of second Trump debate
- Trump Lied Over a Dozen Times in Debate, but Biden's Fracking Falsehood Went Viral
- Jake Tapper accuses Lara Trump of 'mocking Joe Biden's stutter' and saying he's in 'cognitive decline'
- Shaun King Says 'Bernie Would've Crushed Trump' after Messy Presidential Debate
- 'Gaffe Machine': Trump Hits Out at Harris as He Live-Tweets Vice Presidential Debate
6 takeaways from the off-the-rails first debate between Biden and Trump have 320 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.