There’s more to profit and loss than just the number of cars you sell. To say 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone is a tremendous understatement. Since Motor1.com is all about cars, our focus is on the auto industry and we’ve certainly seen some financial upheavals in recent months. A new study takes a deeper dive into the situation that doesn’t just cover the overall scene, but interesting stats per vehicle. And the numbers are surprising.The study comes from German website Handelsblatt, and it shows how various automakers are weathering the coronavirus pandemic from a deeper financial standpoint. By that, we mean the study looks at overall profits and losses, but it also applies those statistics to a per-car level. For example, the study says Volkswagen sales are down by 28 percent so far through 2020, but that figure alone doesn’t tell the full story because it lacks the context of vehicle production, company efficiency, and other ways automakers earn revenue. By The Numbers: Aston Martin Posts First Half Loss But DBX Deliveries Could Be Positive McLaren Getting $185.7M In Funding From Bahrain Bank Taking a deeper look, the study shows Volkswagen has lost the equivalent of approximately… Read full this story
- Merkel, car industry heads hold coronavirus video conference
- Just what happens to abandoned cars?
- Volkswagen marks end of an era with production of the last VW Beetle
- Porsche driver Richard Pusey spent four months in jail with a criminal history going back 13 years and was on bail when four cops who pulled him over were hit by a truck and killed
- VW, Daimler urge Germany to boost car demand as profits plunge
- Porsche Taycan 4S Arrived at U.S. dealers
- Coronavirus will change how we create cars, say top designers
- Car shows were already endangered. Coronavirus might make them extinct
- Czech car industry faces shaky relaunch as Skoda returns to work
- The world's biggest car factory just reopened. Here's what Volkswagen had to do
VW Lost $489 Per Car So Far In 2020, Porsche Made $11,800: Study have 323 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.