During the harsh Covid-19 pandemic, certain Vietnamese startups like Sieu Viet Group, Propzy, or OnPoint still succeed in attracting millions of US dollars for their enterprises. Most impressively, leading this time’s funding round in Vietnam are Gaw Capital and SoftBank Ventures Asia (Japanese’s SoftBank funding specializing in investing into Asian startups). Similarly, Grab has just announced a list of 13 startups (including Abivin, bePOS, GoDee, Hana, Medici, Emiso, Papaya, Stringee, Sumi, Vbee, WeCare247) participating in Grab Ventures Ignite, a series of professional training, consultation, and capital attraction activities lasting 14 weeks to boost startup’s capacity. The five winners will receive an investment of over US$1 million, along with supporting packages from Grab and its partners. However, funding rounds should not be the only goal of startups. They need to aim at the IPO process to further increase their own value. In the conference ‘The Way to IPO: Opportunities & Challenges for Startup, Small- and Middle-scaled Businesses’, held by Saigon Innovation Hub (SIHUB), financial and stock experts insisted that IPO is a milestone to offer more chances for enterprises to attract more capital. Nevertheless, this process is still a great trial even to stable businesses, let along startup ones. Ms. Nguyen… Read full this story
- Driving innovation: Startups moving to ease Bucharest traffic
- Lux climbs startup ecosystem ranking; faces “challenges”
- US health firm Centene invests in digital health startup Babylon
- Simplification for startups
- Startup Diary: How to run a mini-conference: Part 2
- Nadifin accelerator supporting 11 fintech startups
- Demium Startups to open Budapest office
- Demium Startups to open Budapest office in June
- 'Working in startups again is bittersweet'
- 'There are very big challenges ahead'
Vietnamese startups encountering challenges in IPO process have 265 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.