About a hundred metres before prior to the finish line, Hoang Nguyen Thanh pulled out a tiny national flag and waived to celebrate his victory in the 2020 national marathon championship. Hoang Nguyen Thanh believes in his chance to win a top three finish at the coming SEA Games in Vietnam. — Photo webthethao.vn Thanh secured his second national title in a time of 2:36:56, marking a remarkable return to running after about two years of absence, on Ly Son Island of Quang Ngai Province in early July. His outstanding performance secured him a berth in the national team to prepare for the 31st Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Hanoi next November. It was also his fourth top finish since 2019 which saw him win the Pocari Sweat Run half-marathon, the Can Tho Heritage Marathon’s half-marathon and the Techcombank HCM City International Marathon’s full marathon. In late July, Thanh claimed silver from the 5,000-participant Quy Nhon Marathon in Binh Dinh Province. The unexpected letdown in Quy Nhon, where he was the favourite, has motivated him to push harder. “Wins and losses are parts of the competition. I could have had a better result in Quy Nhon but a cramp at 35km prevented me… Read full this story
- Headlines August's Xbox Live Games With Gold
- Insomniac's Spider-Man PS4 game goes gold
- Increase the Size of Your Booty in this Weekend's Sea of Thieves Gold & Glory Event
- Richmond runner smashes Blue Ridge Marathon record; Tech grad student wins women's race
- Photos: Glorious Day For 50,000 Runners In 2018 NYC Marathon
- Charity Gaming Marathon Site Taken Down by Hackers [Update: It's Back]
- The Maze Runner and the blight of 'Young Adult' movies
- Xbox Live Survey: Three Percent of Users Don't Approve of Free Games?
- Navy Field 2 Game Review
- Homegrown Elite Runner Tim Ritchie Takes Calm Approach To Boston Marathon
Vietnamese runner aims for SEA Games marathon gold have 297 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.