Workers of Bình Định-based Tài Phước Co Ltd polish wooden chairs. Việt Nam is set to build a transparent and legal wood industry with the hope to support exports of timber products and further bolster the domestic timber manufacturing industry. — VNA/VNS Photo Vũ Sinh HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam is aiming to build a transparent and legal wood industry to support exports of timber products and bolster the domestic timber manufacturing industry. The need emerges as Việt Nam becomes one of the world’s largest exporters of wood and wooden products, putting it under scrutiny from major trading partners. In June, the US Department of Commerce (DOC) initiated an investigation into tax evasion for plywood products imported from Việt Nam and suspected use of Chinese materials. Other major importers of Vietnamese timber products including the European Union (EU), China, Japan and the Republic of Korea are also eyeing stricter traceability regulations to ensure legal timber origins. To facilitate exports of this key product, Việt Nam is trying to build the Việt Nam Timber Legality Assurance (VNTLAS) system along with the early issuance of EU Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) licence for exports of wood products to the EU market. Joining the EU… Read full this story
- Experts call for less state monopoly in network industries in Vietnam
- Latest technologies to be showcased at Vietnam Industry 4.0 Summit 2018
- Legislature could make health insurance more affordable, transparent in California
- Access To Legal Aid In India : An Unfulfilled Promise ?
- Occupancy rate of industrial parks reaches 73 percent
- Marijuana Industry Sets Environmental, Ethical Goals
- Trump Opens Door For U.S. Gun Industry To Sell More Firearms Abroad
- Free speech or censorship? Social media litigation is a hot legal battleground
- An Overview of the Hedge Fund Industry and What’s Coming Next for Hedge Funds
- Brexit, Privacy Shield, Greenhouse Gas, Tax Transparency: EU Policy Update August 2016
Việt Nam aiming for a transparent and legal wood industry have 314 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.