Kindly Share This Story:US Democrats party has nominated Joe Biden as their 2020 presidential candidate on Tuesday, offering the Washington veteran as a “man of courage” who would sweep away the “chaos” of four years under Donald Trump. Viewers tuning in to Day 2 of the four-day Democratic National Convention saw presenters affirm Biden’s character and leadership while drawing a sharp contrast with the brash Republican scrambling to remain in the White House after November’s election. In an unprecedented and elaborate roll call vote that took place entirely online due to the coronavirus pandemic, all 50 states and seven territories announced their vote tallies that cemented Biden’s role as the party flagbearer. It was a diverse array of politicians, everyday Americans and even some of Biden’s erstwhile rivals who helped nominated the 77-year-old Biden. “Well thank you very, very much, from the bottom of my heart,” a beaming Biden said in a live video link. “It means the world to me and my family,” he added, reminding viewers he will deliver a formal acceptance speech on Thursday at the conclusion of the four-day jamboree. The nomination was a formality as he had already won the majority of the more than 3,900… Read full this story
- How Joe Biden Will Counteract Trump's Virus Media Circus
- Biden, Sanders Highlight Trump Contrasts in Coronavirus Speeches
- Joe Biden sweeps three-state primary day to close in on Democratic Party's nomination
- Joe Biden Stunned By Trump's Call to Have People Return to Work By Easter Amid Coronavirus Pandemic: 'What's He Talking About?'
- Joe Biden’s surprise in coronavirus-dominated debate: He’ll pick a woman for vice president
- Coronavirus is a test Trump can't pass with ideology alone
- Trump called it the 'Wuhan coronavirus' for a legal — and commonsensical — reason
- Biden receives Secret Service protection
- Biden would be nowhere without black voters. Will he accommodate black charter school parents?
- Biden scores big wins in Florida, Illinois on virus-hit primary night
US Democrat Biden officially nominated to take on Trump have 317 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.