President Donald Trump signaled a new shift in his public health posture to the coronavirus pandemic Monday at the White House when he announced the presence of Dr. Scott Atlas – who has warned of the costs of school closings. It was just one of multiple areas where Trump made news or veered into murky statements at a White House press briefing that was briefly interrupted after a Secret Service agent told Trump he needed to stop the briefing following what the president later said was a shooting outside the White House. After Trump declared himself not rattled by the sudden interruption, he briefly pointed to Atlas, a fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, and mentioned him to the press. He said Atlas, who has appeared on Fox News, ‘will be working with us on the coronavirus’ and ‘he has many great ideas.’ President Trump said the ‘great pandemic’ of 1917 ‘probably ended the second World War, all the soldiers were sick’ The shout-out came after Trump has spent weeks occasionally clashing with national health expert Dr. Anthony Fauci on lockdowns and school closings. The conservative commentator hailed the appointment on his website, writing about ‘good news’ that he was added… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Philadelphia: Mayor Jim Kenney Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic That’s Hitting City’s African American Community Hard
- Trump reined in? White House aides want to curtail president's role in daily briefings after disinfectant debacle and angry walk-off on Friday because he's damaging chance of re-election
- Trump's inconsistent coronavirus messaging 'compromises public trust,' former surgeon general says
- Former FDA commissioner fears for US states that are reopening amid coronavirus pandemic because she says some aren't even meeting Trump's minimum criteria
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 30-31
- Now Donald Trump says he was being 'very sarcastic' when he suggested injecting disinfectants to cure coronavirus - then says 'maybe there's something there' and he has asked experts to do 'tests'
- Donald Trump WALKS OUT of coronavirus briefing after just 22 minutes and refuses to take a single question in wake of his disinfectant disaster - as White House aides invoke Secret Service in failed bid to REMOVE CNN reporter
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan says because of testing and tracing deficit, no city or state can safely reopen; Trump to sign executive order on immigration today
- Trump says idea to inject disinfectant was ‘SARCASTIC’ as Press Sec Kayleigh McEnany says he was ‘taken out of context’
- Fauci says US can 'approach a significant degree of normality' without coronavirus vaccine
Trump unveils new coronavirus task-force doctor to rival Dr. Fauci: President introduces 'very famous man' Dr. Scott Atlas who warns against 'hysteria' of closing schools' have 418 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.