SOUTH LAKE TAHOE (CBS / AP) — Violators of California’s mask requirement will be subject to a hefty fine in South Lake Tahoe by the end of the week. The South Lake Tahoe City Council voted Tuesday night to impose a $100 fine on individuals and $500 on businesses that fail to comply with the statewide requirement to wear a mask in public to help guard against the spread of the coronavirus. The council directed the city manager to issue an emergency order authorizing the administrative fines by Friday. Mayor Jason Collin says failure to wear or mask or practice social distancing is a blatant disregard for the safety of people who live and work in South Lake Tahoe. An influx of tourists this summer due to other tourist spots being closed during the pandemic has led to numerous complaints and even protests from locals. The city plans to post digital message boards to alert visitors and local residents about the enforcement policy in the town on Tahoe’s south shore bordering the main casino drag in Stateline, Nevada. © Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- ‘Nothing to worry about. The water is fine’: how Flint poisoned its people
- Mayor Lightfoot Seeks To Reduce Fines For Using Pot In Public, And Stop Impounding Cars With Marijuana Inside
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Daniel Jacobs in danger as NSAC says Matchroom Boxing 'has violated Nevada law'
- Illegal sand mining should be criminal violation: official
- Facebook set to pay $5 billion fine for privacy violations
- Kiev Truce Dissolves Into Gunfire and Flames as European Union Approves Sanctions
- South Korea Summons Japanese Envoy to Protest Restrictions on Exports - Reports
- 10 great places to cross-country ski in California
- Suspect Steals Loaded El Dorado County Sheriff’s Patrol Vehicle, Leads Deputies On Chase To Placerville
- US, China spar at Southeast Asian regional summit
South Lake Tahoe Approves $100 Fines For Mask Violations have 306 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.