To mark Singapore’s 55th National Day (August 9, 2020), Singapore Ambassador to Việt Nam Catherine Wong Siow Ping writes about Singapore’s growing Strategic Partnership with Việt Nam, and how both countries have worked together to overcome challenges. Singapore celebrates 55 years of independence this year. It is an important occasion that we traditionally celebrate with a big National Day Parade. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, parade elements will be decentralised and streamed live on television and the internet. Ambassador Wong (left) receives a donation of Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction test kits from Vietnamese Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyễn Quốc Dũng in May 2020. Various Vietnamese government agencies and private organisations have generously donated medical equipment to Singapore. Courtesy Photo of Singaporean embassy Indeed, the pandemic has caused major disruptions all over the world. This once-in-a-generation crisis has changed the way we live, work and play. To tackle the pandemic, Singapore imposed a “circuit breaker” from April 7 to June 1, 2020, consisting of stringent restrictions on large-scale social gatherings. Having controlled the spread of the virus over the last two months, we have started gradually opening up our economy and society. Retail stores and restaurants have re-opened, while international passengers… Read full this story
- Singapore’s ‘city brain’ project is groundbreaking -- but what about privacy?
- Singapore’s ‘city brain’ project raises concerns about privacy?
- Pre-season friendly guide: When your Premier League club plays
- In One Chart, Here's Why Facebook Is Blowing $19 Billion On WhatsApp
- Why Do Guys Often Call Their Exes “Crazy”? One Such Guy Offers Valuable Insight
- Realistic Trades We Could See on NBA Draft Night
- International boxing championship to start in HCM City
- Monsanto’s far-reaching web of deceit – Part 2
- Crystal-ball gazing with Bill Gates
- Inter close in on Lukaku as Ole weighs his options
Singapore sees Việt Nam valuable friend during Covid-19 have 293 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.