close Video Joe Biden speaks after securing the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination Democrats nominate Joe Biden as their party’s 2020 presidential nominee. The virtual Democratic National Convention had an unconventional nominating process for former Vice President Joe Biden. Since holding a physical convention in Milwaukee was scrapped due to the coronavirus outbreak, Democrats held their roll call nationwide with delegates from each state and territory putting Biden officially over the finish line. Dozens of Democrats offered virtual applause from their own living room to the tune of Kool and the Gang’s classic hit “Celebration” as both Biden and his wife Dr. Jill Biden were surprised by their grandchildren who popped in with flying streamers. BILL CLINTON’S DNC APPEARANCE STIRS #METOO BACKLASH: ‘IS THE GHOST OF EPSTEIN TALKING AFTER?’ However, GOP critics highlighted Biden’s “awkward” nomination acceptance. “Joe Biden is asking himself ‘What just happened?'” Trump senior campaign adviser Mercedes Schlapp quipped. “Was it just awkward or did @JoeBiden realize he actually became the nominee of the Democrat party?” former White House press secretary Sean Spicer similarly asked. “The Biden acceptance was as awkward as you thought it could be,” former McConnell chief of staff Josh Holmes tweeted. “He literally has no idea… Read full this story
- Review: Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper have a few, um, awkward moments in Charlotte
- Donald Trump officially nominated as Republican Party’s presidential candidate
- Former FBI Director James Comey to shed light on awkward meetings with Trump, says President wanted a favor; ‘I need loyalty’
- Joe Biden Would Beat Donald Trump, but He's Not the Favorite of Democrats, New Poll Indicates
- Special counsel Robert Mueller offers President Trump's team new proposal for interview
- WATCH LIVE: Wednesday’s Democratic National Convention stream and schedule, featuring President Obama, Joe Biden, Tim Kaine
- Barack Obama And Joe Biden Reunite For Lunch In D.C.
- Bernie Sanders finally endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Kansas Republicans’ Quandary: A Razor-Thin Race and a Possible Conflict of Interest
- Harpootlian wins Dem nomination for SC Senate, but Republicans face runoff
Republicans mock ‘awkward’ moment Biden officially nominated for president have 334 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.