The National Salary Council proposed the government to keep the national minimum wage unchanged through to 2021 At the second meeting of the National Salary Council organised on August 5, 9 of 13 members voted in favour of the plan not to increase the regional minimum wage in 2021. The representative of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour refused to vote. According to Le Thanh, Deputy Minister of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, enterprises are facing numerous difficulties in maintaining operations. Thus, keeping the current regional minimum wage would share some of the burdens. While the view was not unequivocally shared by council members, the National Salary Council will submit this plan to the government, along with the opinion of the representative of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour. The final decision will depend on developments in the pandemic front and socioeconomic development. Previously, at its first meeting in late June, the National Salary Council discussed two options: maintaining or increasing the regional minimum wage by 2.5 per cent. The first plan would help enterprises overcome the difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the consecutive minimum wage increases of the last years. Regarding the second proposal, from… Read full this story
- VIEWPOINTS: A Regional Minimum Wage Would Hurt Workers in the South Most
- Pritzker vows to sign 'hard-earned and well-deserved' minimum wage increase
- $15 minimum wage is now coming to New Jersey! Murphy signs new law to cheers from workers, jeers from businesses.
- N.J. minimum wage set to rise to $10 in July and $15 by 2024 after big vote
- House defeats rollback of minimum wage increase for teens
- Fremont City Council decides nonprofits won’t have to pay new increased minimum wages
- Bank of America hiking its minimum wage to $20 an hour
- Why and how 11 Trump states raised the minimum wage, explainedYou may also be interested in...
- Seeking a higher minimum wage: Should Oklahoma follow the lead of surrounding states?
- New York adopted a $15 minimum wage in 2016: Where’s my pay raise?
Regional minimum wage may be unchanged in 2021 have 322 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.