Vietnamese mango exporters are looking at bright prospects. Photo: Le Toan Following the newly-implemented deal (EVFTA), Vietnamese exporters of fresh fruit can enjoy the deal's preferential tariffs if they meet the rules of origin (ROO), among other regulations. However, Quang Van Sy, director at Dong Tam Cooperative in the northern province of Son La, said that some of the cooperative's mango-growing members find it difficult to implement the new rules. In addition to their complexity, farmers are also confused about issuing the right origin codes for their growing areas. Even so, ROO is nothing new. The EU has been protecting food safety of its consumers since 1979 under the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF). Because of the standards in the RASFF, the bloc last year refused eight agricultural and nine seafood shipments from Vietnam – which caused not only economic loss but also damaged the sector's reputation, according to Vietnam's Ministry of Industry and Trade. The EU is currently Vietnam's fourth-largest fruit and vegetable export market. Figures from the Vietnam Fruit and Vegetables Association show that last year, Vietnam exported $148 million worth of fruit and vegetables to the EU, up 28.5 per cent compared to 2018… Read full this story
- Maintaining Your Quality Improvement Achievements
- Quality Assurance - Ensuring Quick, Consistent Service For Your Customers With Document Management
- Home Improvement For Less - How to Separate the Scams From Great Deals
- Competitive Quality -Areas of Concern
- Finding the Right Home Improvement Hardware
- Want to Improve Your Life With a Self Improvement Course?
- Techniques and Ways to Improve Your Golf Swing Skills
- Self Improvement Ideas For Budding Entrepreneurs - Training Tip 5 - Lowering Business Start Up Costs
- How Much Improvement Can You Stand?
- Add Value to Property With Home Improvements
Quality improvement to help fruit exporters take on rivals have 291 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.