You may have heard his name uttered by Kanye West or Migos in songs but Martin Margiela isn’t necessarily a household name when it comes to fashion — but it should be. One of the most elusive designers in the fashion industry, there are barely any photos of him on the internet, but his work speaks for itself. In the Oscilloscope documentary, Martin Margiela: In His Own Words, filmmaker Reiner Holzemer takes us behind the scenes of the career of the titular avant-garde. With the docu, Margiela breaks his no-interview policy and aversion to being in the public eye as Holzemer puts the spotlight on the “Banksy of fashion”. He worked as Jean Paul Gaultier’s assistant and was the creative director at Hermès before he started his own fashion house. For the first time, Margiela reveals his drawings, notes, and personal items in this intimate profile of his vision that has brought some of the most revolutionary and radical fashions seen in his 41 collections. Related Story Ramona S. Diaz’s ‘A Thousand Cuts’ Fights For Freedom Of Press In The Philippines, Stellan Skarsgård’s ‘Out Stealing Horses’ Debuts – Specialty Streaming Preview Holzemer, who wrote, directed and produced the film, is no stranger… Read full this story
- 2015 Women’s World Cup Final preview: The every-fan’s guide to USA vs. Japan
- Making the grade: Passes/Fails from FOX UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Johnson
- Jay Onrait and Dave Hodge’s annually tolerated best albums of 2015 list
- FIGHT BLOG RECAP: Hendricks beats Lawler in instant classic
- Top 20 comebacks in UFC history
- RANKED: The Top 20 greatest comebacks in UFC history
- NHL: New rules, new roles, and can ‘Hawks repeat?
‘Martin Margiela: In His Own Words’ Makes Fashionable Debut, ‘Sputnik’ Lands – Specialty Streaming Preview have 273 words, post on deadline.com at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.