DETROIT (AP) — Joe Biden’s Democratic presidential campaign has launched a new national ad focused on Black Americans, urging them to stand up to President Donald Trump the way their ancestors stood up to “violent racists of a generation ago.” The one-minute ad, which was shared exclusively with The Associated Press before its digital and television release on Thursday, is meant to drum up support among Black Americans, a key constituency for Biden, ahead of November’s general election. The ad, titled “Better America,” also takes a direct swipe at Trump, without mentioning the Republican president by name. “We must choose to fight for that better America,” the narrator states. “And just like our ancestors who stood up to the violent racists of a generation ago, we will stand up to this president and say, ‘No more,’ because America is better than him. So we choose to be bigger. We choose to be bolder. We choose to bring back justice, respect and dignity to this country. We choose Joe Biden to lead us all towards that American promise together.” African Americans have largely supported Biden’s presidential bid and have been credited with single-handedly transforming the Democratic presidential race and cementing his… Read full this story
- Trump’s stunning call for China to investigate Joe Biden may have given Xi Jinping all the leverage he needs in the trade war
- Booker on Trump-Ukraine scandal: 'If you come after Joe Biden, you're going to have to deal with me'
- Booker on Ukraine scandal: 'If you come after Joe Biden, you're going to have to deal with me'
- Joe Biden to offer contrast to Trump in London foreign policy speech
- Joe Biden grapples with attacks from Trump and the rising Warren threat
- Joe Biden is not a candidate 'yet', but if that changes, he'll have to do better than this
- Trump gloats over Kavanaugh 'victory' then rambles about Space Force and fighting Joe Biden
- Limelight Belfast launches new weekly stand-up show
- New digital service aims to help motorists avoid roadworks misery
- Saints aim to ‘take the town’ on the road as they launch new away kit
Joe Biden launches new national ad aimed at Black Americans have 345 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.