MELISSA Hosegood was more than just a birthing partner as Amy Brine underwent a C-section. Holding her sister-in-law’s hand througout the op and whispering words of encouragement, Melissa was watching the arrival of her own baby son. After eight miscarriages in as many years, her dream of having a family with husband Joe was slipping away. But it came true at last when Joe’s sister Amy offered to be a surrogate. And in April 2019, she gave birth to baby Rowan. Melissa, 36, says: “Amy is our angel. After years of heartache and loss, we finally have a child of our own. Without Amy, it would never have been possible.” Melissa, a special needs officer from the New Forest, Hants, met Joe, 36, a sales manager, in 2006.Four years later, they started trying for a baby. Born without the tricuspid valve in her heart, Melissa was told she would struggle to carry a baby to full term. She says: “I’d always wanted to be a mum, and it was so frustrating every month when my period arrived. After a year of trying, I finally got pregnant. “When I showed Joe the positive pregnancy test, we both squealed with excitement. I… Read full this story
- Mum holds stillborn baby in her arms after hospital staff ignored her concerns
- Pregnant schoolgirl, 13, who claimed 10-year-old was dad is rushed to hospital over fears she could lose the baby
- New parenting trend sees dads ‘dry-nursing’ to help soothe their newborns when their mums aren’t there
- 'Beautiful mummy!' Phoebe Burgess fuels feud rumours with sister-in-law Joanna after sharing gushing tribute to Tom Burgess' girlfriend Tahlia Giumelli
- Jealous lover stabbed own sister 68 times and chopped off her hand because she wanted husband to herself after affair
- Inside Petra Ecclestone's baby shower: Mum-to-be sports Minnie Mouse ears, and guests dine in lavish pink setting as sister Tamara toasts her fourth baby during 'the most beautiful day ever'
- Grandfather of eight-month-old boy feared to have coronavirus tells of family's agonising wait for results as mother 'self-isolates' with baby at home after being treated by infected Sussex medic
- 'Fearful' Moms Are Giving Birth to Babies in Smoky Delivery Rooms as Wildfires Ravage Australia
- Duchess of Cambridge reveals best childhood memories on Happy Mum Happy Baby podcast
- ‘Stop bashing parents’: Mums defend kids’ Instagram accounts
I feared I’d never become a mum… until my sister-in-law had my baby have 379 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 31, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.