Germany is already contending with a second wave of the coronavirus and risks squandering its early success by flouting social distancing rules, the head of the German doctors’ union has said. The number of daily confirmed coronavirus cases has ticked up steadily in recent weeks, with health experts warning lax adherence to hygiene and distancing rules among some of the public is spreading the virus across communities. ‘We are already in a second, shallow upswing,’ Susanne Johna, president of Marburger Bund, which represents doctors in Germany, told the Augsburger Allgemeine newspaper in an interview published on Tuesday. The number of daily confirmed coronavirus cases has ticked up steadily in recent weeks Germany is already contending with a second wave of the coronavirus and risks squandering its early success by flouting social distancing rules, the head of the German doctors’ union has said. Above, demonstrators stand in front of a display reading ‘corona’ during a protest against coronavirus pandemic regulations in Berlin She said there was a danger that a longing to return to normality and a suppression of containment measures would fritter away the success Germany had achieved so far, urging people to stick to social distancing and hygiene rules and… Read full this story
- Brexit latest news: MPs to vote on customs union, common market, second referendum or cancelling Brexit altogether
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May to seek Brexit compromise with Jeremy Corbyn and ask EU for second Article 50 extension
- Citizens' expectations for Europe focus on climate and social issues
- 'After Brexit No Constitutional Foundation to Extradite Germans to UK'
- The stories of 27 people from every EU country now living in Wales
- Brexit latest news: France warns it cannot rule out 'no deal' as EU discusses extension
- Brexit vote latest news: MPs rule out 'no-deal' by majority of just four votes as Brexit uncertainty deepens further
- No deal Brexit ruled out by MPs in all circumstances as chaos deepens
- Macron warns UK must have good reason to request Brexit delay
- EU citizens need health and well-being as a policy priority, stakeholders say
German doctors' union chief warns second wave has started in the country thanks to fed up citizens flouting social distancing rules have 334 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.