The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 532,573 cases in California, including 9,873 deaths • 57,718 in the Bay Area, including 869 deaths. • More than 4.8 million in the U.S., including 158,268 deaths. Other states with the highest death tolls are New York with 32,754; New Jersey with 15,842; Massachusetts with 8,659; Illinois with 7,770; and Texas with 7,706. Click on the Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 18.8 million in the world, with more than 708,000 deaths. More than 11.3 million people have recovered. Resources on COVID-19 and California’s reopening: Use our interactive page to track the state and Bay Area’s reopening by county. For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. Information on Bay Area school reopenings can be found here. Find Bay Area COVID-19 testing sites… Read full this story
- Jobless claims up around U.S. amid GM strike
- Tom Ford responds to reports claiming he called Melania a 'glorified escort'
- Telltale Employees Left Stunned By Company Closure, No Severance [Update]
- US employers add 157,000 jobs, jobless rate hits 3.9 pct.
- 16 *extremely* 1998 World-Herald headlines from 1998, which was a year that was 20 years ago
- Girl, 12, dies, sister injured when horse falls on them
- Live: Whitmer underlines 'two crises' in first State of State speech
- Update: Nicki Minaj vs. Cardi B: Truce called off after they spent the day slamming each other
- Box Office: 'Jumanji' Reigns Over MLK Weekend With $35.4 Million
- Ceiling panel falls, hits 1-year-old boy on American Airlines flight to Texas, mom says
Coronavirus live updates: Jobless claims fall, 16 million still collecting unemployment have 299 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.