Dominic Raab warned that more summer holidays abroad could be ruined today as he said he could not guarantee more countries would not be slapped with quarantine rules. He spoke out after holidaymakers already in Spain were told they would now have to spend 14 days in isolation on their return after air bridge rules were reversed overnight. The change was made because of a spike in cases in the popular holiday destination, and it will raise fears that other countries could follow suite. France, Germany and Australia are among countries that have recorded increases in cases in recent days. Asked on Sky’s Ridge on Sunday this morning if other countries could face fresh quarantine restrictions, Mr Raab said: ‘Well, look, as we found with Spain, we can’t give a guarantee. ‘All we can say is we’ve got this Joint Biosecurity Centre, as you can see we monitor the risk in real time, we take decisive swift action and so there is an element of uncertainty this summer as people go abroad. ‘And that’s why our advice is follow the Foreign Office travel advice, which will also link in to the quarantine principles, look very carefully at doing that.’ Asked… Read full this story
- CDC warns the new 'super-COVID' strain threatens to 'put even more pressure on heavily burdened hospitals' as Colorado reports second suspected case in a National Guard member working in care homes
- Covid will be around 'FOREVER' and Brits will need 'repeated vaccinations', warns SAGE scientist who says Boris being forced to impose another national lockdown is 'possible' but 'local ones are more likely'
- Thousands of POKIES players, supermarket and bottle shop customers are put on high alert amid escalating Sydney and Melbourne coronavirus outbreaks - as it is revealed the virus leaked out of hotel quarantine FOUR times in just a month
- Surgeon General calls on states to relax rules to get more people vaccinated as thousands of seniors camp out overnight in Florida - as NY threatens to fine hospitals that don't use supplies but also if they give shots to the WRONG people
- Teachers and key workers 'will be added to priority list when Oxford vaccine is approved' but SAGE expert warns even a million jabs a week WON'T curb Covid crisis by February
- Rishi Sunak hints furlough could be extended AGAIN as he unveils new £4.6bn bailout for lockdown-hit firms with retail, hospitality and leisure venues getting one-off grants of up to £9,000 taking running cost of COVID above £300billion
- Hospitals in England 'on track' to have more than 20,000 Covid patients needing treatment on New Year's Eve as experts warn second wave pressure on NHS is 'on course' to exceed darkest part of the spring within days
- Boris Johnson will decide new tiers TONIGHT amid fears he will plunge two-thirds of England into toughest level four tomorrow as SAGE adviser calls for national lockdown to prevent a New Year ‘catastrophe’ and admissions rise in EVERY region
- Exodus unlikely as Vietnamese-Asian diaspora brace for new Covid-19 outbreaks
- Boris Johnson's suffers biggest-ever Tory rebellion against him - as 55 of his backbenchers vote against his plans putting prospect of future lockdowns in jeopardy
Where next? Dominic Raab puts more holidays into doubts as he warns there is no 'guarantee' new quarantine restrictions will not be put in place for MORE countries after shock overnight decision to remove Spain from air bridge list have 520 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.