Representatives of the UN Security Council’s member countries at the online meeting on June 30 (Photo: VNA) New York (VNA) – Vietnam affirmed its consistent support for the disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons , along with the 2015 Iran nuclear deal at a meeting of the UN Security Council on June 30. The meeting discussed the implementation of the UN Security Council 's Resolution 2231, which endorsed the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) on Iran's nuclear programme, over the last six months. Rosemary DiCarlo, UN Under-Secretary-General for Political and Peacebuilding Affairs, noted that the JCPOA and Resolution 2231 are important achievements of multilateral diplomacy and dialogue as the JCPOA plays the essential role in the global architecture for non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, as well as in regional and international security. However, she said, the UN regrets that the future of the JCPOA is in doubt. DiCarlo added that the UN regrets the US's withdrawal from the JCPOA, re-imposition of sanctions, and decision not to extend waivers for oil trading with Iran and stop all projects that this deal allows. These decisions have caused difficulties for Iran and member countries of the UN Security… Read full this story
- Tillerson says he and Trump disagree over Iran nuclear deal
- President Trump on Twitter accuses Chuck Schumer of hypocrisy on Iran nuclear deal
- EU's Mogherini confident U.S. will stick to Iran nuclear deal
- U.S. Ambassador Urges Britain To Ditch 'Flawed' Iran Nuclear Deal
- President Trump says he has made decision about Iran nuclear deal but doesn’t announce it
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Trump understands ‘danger’ Iran nuclear deal poses
- Can the Arab World Live With the US-Iran Nuclear Deal?
- Paul Ryan says Iran nuclear deal will stay in place
- Mike Pompeo forms "Iran Action Group" for post-nuclear deal policy
- The U.S. Is Addicted to Sanctions, Iran's Foreign Minister Says As Country Lobbies to Save Nuclear Deal
Vietnam reiterates consistent support for 2015 Iran nuclear deal have 317 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.