Presented by FacebookWelcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. Thankfully, you made it to Friday (and the end of a tough July). We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the daily co-creators, so find us @asimendinger and @alweaver22 on Twitter and recommend the Morning Report to your friends. CLICK HERE to subscribe!Total U.S. coronavirus deaths reported each morning this week: Monday, 146,935. Tuesday, 148,056. Wednesday, 149,258. Thursday, 150,713. Friday, 152,070.With at least 14 million Americans unemployed, Congress and the White House failed on Thursday night to reach agreement, either temporary or longer-term, to extend federal jobless benefits that expire tonight. Speaker Nancy PelosiNancy PelosiDemocrats reject short-term deal ahead of unemployment deadline GOP lawmakers comply with Pelosi’s mask mandate for House floor Trump tests GOP loyalty with election tweet and stimulus strategy MORE (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles SchumerChuck SchumerLincoln Project targets Senate races in Alaska, Maine, Montana with M ad buy Pelosi, Schumer say GOP Senate coronavirus bill is ‘selling out working families’ The Hill’s 12:30 Report – Presented by Facebook – Barr’s showdown with House Democrats MORE (D-N.Y.) spurned multiple offers from… Read full this story
- White House says it's up to Pelosi to end the government shutdown
- Trump to visit Mexican border as White House pushes for security funding
- POLITICO Playbook: White House on the sidelines in spending fight
- POLITICO Playbook: White House moves
- White House dangles threat of another shutdown over wall
- Hill leaders to attend White House briefing on borderYou may also be interested in...
- Hill leaders, Trump to discuss border security at White House
- Trump White House grows eager to escape losing shutdown fight
- House GOP approves Trump’s wall money as shutdown looms
- Hill GOP support grows for Trump to make emergency declaration
The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - At loggerheads, Congress, White House to let jobless payout lapse have 298 words, post on thehill.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.