CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A fugitive from Tennessee sentenced for shooting a police officer while trying to escape from a West Virginia hospital has pleaded guilty to a federal gun charge. Bryan Lee Ogle II made the plea Monday, nearly five months after pleading guilty to attempted murder and other charges in connection with the 2018 shooting of a Charleston police officer, according to a news release from the U.S. attorney’s office for the southern district of West Virginia. He was sentenced in February ADVERTISEMENT Officials said the shooting happened after Ogle, 33, escaped from a Charleston hospital in February 2018, where he was receiving treatment for injuries after wrecking a car during a police chase in Montgomery. When police officers from Charleston and Montgomery confronted Ogle in the hospital stairwell, prosecutors said he disarmed and knocked the Montgomery officer, who suffered a brain injury falling down the stairwell, and then fired at the Charleston officer, striking the body camera. It’s fortunate the bullet was deflected by the camera, U.S. Attorney Mike Stuart said in the release.
- Man pleads guilty to killing his girlfriend and his mother
- Oak Park Man Pleads Guilty To 2018 Recording Studio Killing
- Albuquerque man pleads guilty in threats case
- Second Video Suggests Alton Sterling Was Not Holding Gun During Police Shooting
- REVEALED: White cop who knelt on George Floyd's neck was involved in a fatal police shooting and one of the other fired officers paid a $25K settlement after being sued for using excessive force in arrest where he punched and kicked a handcuffed suspect
- Joel and Joshua Clavell police shooting video shown in court
- Mother pleads guilty to murdering her eight-year-old son who was beaten, starved, burned and locked up because her boyfriend thought the child was gay
- When can police shoot to kill: Rules around Australian police using their guns
- Demonstrators Protest Police Shooting of Hayward Man Outside His Home
- Virginia man wounded in police shooting released from jail
Tennessee man pleads guilty to gun charge in police shooting have 317 words, post on apnews.com at July 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.