But that may be just a taster of things to come. This system could be the building blocks for the formation next week of an east coast low, essentially a cyclone outside of tropical waters. If that happens, expect huge winds, torrential rain with up to 100mm falling leading to floods. “Severe weather is a possibility,” said Sky News Weather meteorologist Rob Sharpe this morning. A cold front is currently over southern parts of WA, bringing showers to the state’s southern tip although Perth is remaining dry for the next few days. There are warnings an east coast low could develop in the Tasman early next week. Picture: Sky News WeatherSource:Supplied That front is travelling east and it has moisture in mind for Melbourne, as well as Adelaide and Canberra and maybe even a bit for Brisbane and Sydney too. Mr Sharpe said the upcoming initial “rain event” should hit the southeast from Friday onwards. EAST COAST LOW WARNING However it’s Monday when the real trouble could start. The system bringing that rain for the weekend could then head out to the Tasman where one forecasting model has it deepening and getting angrier, Mr Sharpe said. East coast lows have… Read full this story
- Weather: Severe thunderstorm brings torrential rain and hail to Timaru and Waimate
- Severe weather shifts into Southeast, bringing tornadoes, dangerous storms
- Typhoon Bebinca heads to East Sea, torrential rains forecast
- Storm Darcy: 'Beast from the East 2' to bring 20ins of snow - will it fall in your area?
- Storm Sơn Tinh hits East Sea, brings heavy rain to northern and central provinces
- Torrential rains leave Vijayawada streets water-logged
- UK weather: 'Danger to life' warnings issued for next two days as torrential rain hits
- Torrential rain to lash UK with 3 days of warnings in force for flooding & road chaos but temperatures to hit balmy 16C
- Huge snowstorm hits US east coast disrupting virus vaccinations
- Wet Weather Returns; String Of Light To Moderate Storms Starts Thursday
Sydney, Melbourne weather: East coast low could bring torrential rain, storms have 325 words, post on www.news.com.au at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.