The transportation cost has accounted for 61 per cent of total logistics cost for fruit and vegetable products. —Photo kinhtedothi.vn HÀ NỘI — The State should develop solutions to reduce high logistics costs in trading agricultural products to improve the competitiveness of Vietnamese farm produce on the market, according to experts. The logistics costs have accounted for 12.2 per cent of seafood product value, 19.8 per cent of rice product value and 29.5 per cent of fruit and vegetable value, Nguyễn Duy Minh, vice chairman and general secretary of the Việt Nam Logistics Business Association (VLA), said. Especially, Minh said the transportation cost has accounted for 61 per cent of total logistics cost for fruit and vegetable products, followed by handling costs with nearly 20 per cent of the logistics costs. At an online conference on the logistics costs in the value chain of Vietnamese agricultural products held on Thursday in Hà Nội, the experts said that the factors behind the high logistics cost included high transportation cost, high fees and charges of foreign shipping companies and restrictions on ports and infrastructure. Besides that, new rates of infrastructure fees set by localities and the implementation of special inspection or quarantine quality inspection were also reasons… Read full this story
- Advocate: Colorado River Basin states need to cut water use
- Fires reduce NSW dairy farm to ash in just 10 minutes
- Farm produce branding program geared to boosting exports
- Plenty’s vertically farmed produce hits Safeway, Whole Foods
- Au revoir to force-feeding: French farm produces first 'ethical' foie gras alternative
- Main farm produce account for 66 percent of total agricultural production
- Column: The red-state craze for useless and costly Medicaid work requirements is disappearing
- Audit: State needs to do more to deter welfare cyber threats
- What will happen if Vietnam reduces tariffs on American farm imports?
- APG’s Innovative Cash Management Technology and Retail POS Solutions Selected for NRF’s 2020 Future & In-store Tech Expo Tour
State needs solutions to reduce logistics cost for farm produce have 312 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.