Nation Over 30 million Vietnamese workers bear brunt of coronavirus pandemic By Gia Phong Wednesday, Jul 15, 2020,14:12 (GMT+7) Over 30 million Vietnamese workers bear brunt of coronavirus pandemic By Gia Phong Workers file for unemployment insurance at the Hanoi Center for Employment Services. More than 30 million Vietnamese workers were adversely affected by the novel coronavirus pandemic by the end of the second quarter – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – By the end of June this year, some 30.8 million Vietnamese people aged 15 and above had suffered the scourge of the novel coronavirus, according to a quarterly labor survey. The survey was released last week by the General Statistics Office of Vietnam with the International Labor Organization’s (ILO) technical support. In a statement, Chang-Hee Lee, director of the ILO in Vietnam, called for concerted efforts among the Government, workers’ and employers’ organizations to save jobs and protect vulnerable workers as the pandemic is taking a toll on the country’s labor force. The survey found that the labor force had reached a record low level. It shrank by 2.2 million people compared to the previous quarter and by 2.4 million people compared to the same period last year. This was higher in rural areas… Read full this story
- From an inspiring fire chief and his fallen comrades to koala saviours, barbeque cooks and a comedian who raised $30 million: The heroes giving HOPE amid Australia's bushfire disaster
- News Corp picks up 25% stake in Singapore’s Elara Technologies for $30 million
- Sonic the Hedgehog Tracking for Possible $30 Million Debut, But Is It Enough?
- Logic's New Deal with Def Jam Is Not Worth $30 Million
- Fiji to grow 30 million trees in 15 years for environment protection
- Bernie Sanders Blasts Michael Bloomberg's $30 Million Ad Blitz, Saying 'He's Disgusted'
- SiriusXM Hits 30 Million Self-Pay Subscribers, Beating Guidance
- Chamber of Commerce Says US Businesses, Consumers Bearing Brunt of Trade War
- Lost in translation: Maharashtra farmers bear brunt of tech trouble in getting PM-Kisan benefit
- Vietnam suspends sending workers to Middle East
Over 30 million Vietnamese workers bear brunt of coronavirus pandemic have 314 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.