Passengers at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Vietnam's new immigration law includes a new type of visa for foreigners who come to Vietnam to conduct activities as part of international agreements Vietnam has signed. The change is expected to facilitate the implementation of new agreements that Vietnam has signed such as the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement ( EVFTA ) and the EU-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA), said Colonel Tran Van Du, deputy head of the Immigration Department under Ministry of Public Security. The department last week held a session to explain immigration laws to diplomatic missions and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Vietnam. Vietnam will issue visas with validity from six to 12 months for foreigners who enter to promote services and establish commercial presence according to international agreements. The amendment to the law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam came into force this month. "Strategic foreign investors who contribute capital of 100 billion VND (4.4 million USD) or more in Vietnam are granted an up-to-five-year visa and temporary residence cards for at most 10 years. This will attract more foreign investment in the country," Du said. The outdated immigration law… Read full this story
- Hardline Australia, confused Scandinavia and tense Russia: the global immigration picture
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - House delays Washington return; McConnell nixes infrastructure from COVID relief bill
- Beyond the negroni: Stanley Tucci's 20 best films – ranked!
- Labor floats active cyber defence and a civilian cyber corps for Australia
- Meet The Man — And Propaganda Machine — Behind The Hammond Pardon
- Opinion: Online response key to fight Covid-19 lockdown crisis
New immigration law looks to attract investment have 268 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.