The figures were released at a conference on the region’s natural disaster prevention and control efforts, held in the northern province of Lao Cai on July 13 and gathering leaders from 13 provinces together with 248 delegates. Since the beginning of this year, 92 whirlwinds, hail storms, and heavy downpours hit different localities. There were 92 whirlwinds, hail storms, and heavy downpours; two flash floods that triggered landslides; and 12 earthquakes. Nineteen people had died as of July 9, with 79 others injured, 53,633 houses ruined, and 10,009 ha of rice and vegetables damaged. Deputy head of the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control Tran Quang Hoai highlighted difficulties in forecasting, emergency alerts, and monitoring work in the region, saying infrastructure is outdated. He also pointed to shortcomings in the management of small reservoirs and a lack of professional equipment to access disaster-hit areas and serve search and rescue efforts. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Xuan Cuong requested that committees for natural disasters prevention and control as well as search and rescue at different levels deploy teams to examine the safety of houses in high-risk locations, inspect reservoirs, and install rain and flow monitoring devices, among… Read full this story
- Broome Primary School fire leaves community with anger and sadness and multi-million dollar damage bill
- Magnitude 5.9 quake is the latest to rock Puerto Rico leaving behind a trail of destruction displacing 4,000 people and causing $110 million in damage
- Natural disasters push 26m into poverty each year, says World Bank
- PM attends meeting of Socio-Economic Sub-Committee with nine Northern mountainous provinces
- Louisiana Flooding Is ‘Worst Natural Disaster’ Since Superstorm Sandy
- Vietnam busts another multi-million dollar online gambling ring
- Cambodian PM offers sympathies over natural disaster in Northern Vietnam
- Proposed multi-million dollar New Plymouth shopping complex site an 'eyesore'
- Northern mountainous district rolls out measures to develop tourism
- Demand for NEC benefits for northern Bengal region gaining momentum at central level
Natural disasters cause multi-million USD damage to northern mountainous region have 305 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.