Photograph: Kind courtesy Naomi Osaka/Twitter Naomi Osaka will play in next month’s US Open in New York, the 2018 champion’s management team has told Reuters.Several media reports had said she had not registered for the tournament and had decided to skip the event, which kicks off on Aug. 31 and will be played under strict bio-security protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the 22-year-old’s management team told Reuters via email that the reports were wide of the mark and that she would be participating at Flushing Meadows. Osaka would also be playing in the Western and Southern Open, which is held annually in Cincinnati but has been moved to New York this year and is set to start in mid-August. Earlier on Thursday, world number one Ash Barty said she was skipping the New York tournaments due to concerns over the coronavirus pandemic. Japan’s Osaka, who is based in the United States, last played competitive tennis in early February during Fed Cup qualifiers against Spain.
- Naomi Osaka confident she can make a case for Australian Open defence
- Naomi Osaka, Coco Gauff set Australian Open duel
- World No.1 Naomi Osaka escapes after French Open scare
- Naomi Osaka Makes Winning Start At Australian Open After Smoke Fears Ease
- Naomi Osaka and Petra Kvitova chase fairytale ending to Australian Open
- Racquet-Kicking Naomi Osaka Tees Up Potential Coco Gauff Clash At Australian Open
- Naomi Osaka and Coco Gauff set to meet at the Australian Open
- Australian Open wins for Serena Williams and Naomi Osaka at Melbourne Park in first round
- Ash Barty through to Australian Open third round, Petra Kvitova and Naomi Osaka post wins
- Coco Gauff and Naomi Osaka to put Australian Open focus back on court
Naomi Osaka to play US Open, says agent have 280 words, post on m.rediff.com at July 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.