Newborns at the National Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. VNA/VNS Photo NINH BÌNH — Although Việt Nam has obtained some achievements in improving the quality of its population, there is still room for improvement, said Đỗ Xuân Tuyên, deputy minister of health. He made the statement at a meeting which was held on Thursday to review the performance of population and family planning work in the first half of this year. Despite the fact that over the past six months, the agencies focused on COVID-19 prevention and combat, and the whole country exercised social distancing as requested by Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc, Việt Nam has achieved positive results in the work, Tuyên said. More than 361,000 pregnant mothers have been screened before giving birth, reaching 66 per cent of the set target for the year while the number of people who started using modern contraceptive measures was 4.4 million, accounting for 88 per cent of the desired target. Challenges According to Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Lan, deputy head of the General Office for Population and Family Planning, population and family planning work have yielded achievements in recent years. The replacement fertility rate – the average number of children born per… Read full this story
- Good News: “Long Island Sound Report Card” Released by Save the Sound Reveals Substantial Improvement
- Governor Inslee and Elected Officials to Join Avista and Strata Solar at Largest Solar Array Ribbon Cutting Event
- Sylmar’s newest park isn’t huge, but for an LA that needs more parks, it’s a big deal
- Dual school system, need for better option led to Sumter County's charter school
- The state passed a major housing package last year. Is it working so far?
- Metro to get $5.5M for Shared Savings work
- Genomics Improves Kentucky Cancer Care
- Building a Revolution in Kentucky Oncology
- Five seek state auditor position
- Prisons Strike Across the Country and the Media is Quiet
More work needed to improve population quality: official have 315 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.