Video PlayerClose Satellite image published by the National Hurricane Center, a division of the United States’ NOAA/National Weather Service, on its Facebook page on July 25, 2020 shows the eye of Hurricane Hanna over southern Texas. “Any hurricane is an enormous challenge,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott said during a Saturday briefing about the storm. “This challenge is complicated and made even more severe, seeing that it’s sweeping through an area that is the most challenged area in the state for COVID-19.” HOUSTON, July 26 (Xinhua) — Hanna, the first hurricane of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season, has made landfall in the U.S. state of Texas, with maximum winds of 90 mph and heavy rains. Hanna morphed from a tropical storm into a Category 1 hurricane on Saturday and made landfall on Padre Island at 5 p.m. CDT (2200 GMT), about 33 miles (53 km) south of Corpus Christi, according to the National Hurricane Center. Heavy rain, strong winds and storm surge impacted the southern Texas coast. “Significant structural damage” and a gust up to 83 mph were reported in nearby Port Mansfield, the National Weather Service in Brownsville said in a tweet on Saturday afternoon. Some meteorologists warned of flash… Read full this story
- Auring may turn into a tropical storm before making landfall over Caraga
- Hurricane season ends historic as predicted by experts back in April
- Hurricanes are maintaining their strength farther inland as the planet warms, study finds
- Forecasters expect another overactive hurricane season with 17 named storms
- Elsa and Olaf? Characters from the movie 'Frozen' could serve as hurricane names this season
- Temperatures to drop in Northern Thailand, heavy rain expected in the South
- Spring Storms Make A Quick Return To North Texas, Chance For Severe Weather Tonight
- Is Texas’ Disaster a Harbinger of America’s Future?
- National Hurricane Center Highlights Deadliest Problem Ahead Of What Forecasters Believe Will Be Active Season
- Lessons from Texas: Extreme weather and power grid resilience
Hurricane Hanna makes landfall in Texas with rain, wind surges have 307 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.