Major League Baseball was given a clean bill of health by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, who threw out the first pitch at Thursday night’s season opener between the defending champion Washington Nationals and the visiting New York Yankees. Fauci’s pitch fell short of the plate and was several feet outside the strike zone. According to ESPN, the pitch was clocked at just 17mph on the radar gun. ‘Fauci finally flattened the curve,’ joked CBS Sports’ Will Brinson on Twitter. In keeping with health guidelines, Fauci bumped elbows with Nationals relief pitcher Sean Doolittle afterwards At least one fan, American University professor Matt Winkler, was seen wearing a ‘Fauci’ Nationals replica jersey outside the park before the game. SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO Dr. Anthony Fauci opened the 2020 MLB season on Thursday night by tossing a wild ceremonial first pitch that bounced well before the plate and several feet outside the strike zone. Dr. Anthony Fauci threw out the first pitch before the Nationals-Yankees game. pic.twitter.com/04Tbkh7Voa— ESPN (@espn) July 23, 2020 CBS Sports’ Will Brinson was one of many social media users who cracked jokes about Fauci’s pitch on Thursday Dr. Anthony Fauci’s pitch fell short of… Read full this story
- Boxing Is Betting It All On Anthony Joshua
- POLITICO Playbook: Dem senator on Mueller probe: ‘If you think you’ve seen wild stuff so far, buckle up’
- Charley Walters: Vikings’ Mike Zimmer shows his lighter side
- More than a million patients have had to change GP due to local surgeries closures
- The Balancing Act of Arches
- The ‘Sex Cult’ That Preached Empowerment
- Now Announcing for the Majors, Will It Be Donny Baarns?
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi crash out of World Cup on same day as Edinson Cavani brace stuns Portugal
- The Jackie Robinson of Rodeo
- At 69, This Coach Lives on the Front Line of Baseball’s Revolution
'Fauci finally flattens the curve': Dr. Anthony Fauci opens the 2020 MLB season by bouncing wild ceremonial first pitch - but the noted Nationals fan practiced social distancing, wore a mask, and even bumped elbows with Washington players have 312 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.