German Health Minister Jens Spahn warned Germans on Monday about the danger of a second wave of coronavirus. He pushed people in Germany to do everything possible to prevent a further rise in infections. “We have to try to prevent infections, particularly now in the holiday season,” he told reporters. “We don’t automatically have to see a second wave in the fall and winter. Together, as a society, we can prevent that, as we did before.” He urged people to abide by social distancing rules and to avoid large gatherings, saying he was particularly concerned after seeing large groups of German holidaymakers on the Spanish island of Mallorca at the weekend. “I understand the impatience, but where there are parties the infection risk is particularly high,” he said. “Ballermann cannot become a second Ischgl,” he added, referring to a nightlife destination popular with Germans in Mallorca. Ischgl is an Austrian ski resort that was one of the first coronavirus hotspots in Europe and . Germany to strengthen role within WHO Spahn said that 15.5 million people have now downloaded Germany’s coronavirus warning app and over 500,000 were tested for the virus last week, the highest number since the pandemic began. The health minister also called for Germany’s… Read full this story
- Coronavirus second wave may be even worse: US health chief | The Express Tribune
- Indonesia is yet to report a single case of coronavirus, the country's health minister says they "owe it to God"
- Coronavirus news - live: India gets new health minister after criticism over Covid handling
- Covid: Third wave inevitable, warns Wales' health minister
- The "second wave" is still to come and the U.S. has no specific plan to deal with it
- Covid-19 Strain in Singapore 'Different', Claims Delhi Health Minister
- Delhi Has Gained Control Over Second Wave of Covid-19: Satyendra Jain
- 'Kerala Model Not a Failure': Health Minister Veena George Says As Covid-19 Cases Remain High in State
- Third Wave Likely to Hit End of August, May Not be as Deadly as Second Wave:ICMR Body
- Covid-19: Death Rate in Second Wave Lower Than the First, Fatality Rate Still Surging, Highest in June
Danger of coronavirus second wave is real but avoidable, German health minister says have 349 words, post on www.dw.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.