Two indigenous candidate vaccines for Covid-19 have got DCGI clearance to start early phase human trials in the country, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said on Tuesday.“There are two Indian indigenous candidate vaccines. They have undergone successful toxicity studies in rats, mice and rabbits. The data was submitted to DCGI following which both these got clearance to start early phase human trials early this month,” said Dr Balram Bhargava, DG-ICMR at a daily press briefing here.“They have got their sites ready and they are doing their clinical study on approximately a thousand volunteers each at different sites,” he added.Bhargava said that experiments for the two vaccines, among others, are also being done at NIV, Pune and spoke about the various programmes being carried out to develop a vaccine globally.“Recently, Russia has fast-tracked a vaccine which has been successful in the early phases and they have fast-tracked its development. The whole world has applauded it and congratulated Russia. China has also fast-tracked its vaccine programme and fast-tracked its studies with vaccines. The US has again fast-tracked two of its vaccine candidates and the UK is also looking at how it can fastrack the Oxford vaccine… Read full this story
- Single-dose Zika vaccine works in animals: study
- Experimental Ebola vaccine could be 'game-changer' in Congo outbreak
- Controversial cancer drug may offer hope to millions of women battling endometriosis as scientists find it can reduce size of painful lesions
- Welcome Back, John Mulaney
- Can We Avoid an Antibiotic Apocalypse?
- Inside the Cell Where a Sick 16-Year-Old Boy Died in Border Patrol Care
- Sundance Unveils Female-Powered Lineup Featuring Taylor Swift, Gloria Steinem, Abortion Road Trip Drama
- All 274 Jay-Z Songs, Ranked From Worst to Best
- Trump the Destroyer
- BBC 100 Women 2018: Who is on the list?
Covid-19: Two indigenous vaccines get DCGI nod to start early phase human trials have 288 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.