The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 354,885 cases in California, including 7,375 deaths • 38,412 in the Bay Area, including 674 deaths. • More than 3.4 million in the U.S., including 137,419 deaths. The five other states with the highest death tolls are New York with 32,427; New Jersey with 15,634; Massachusetts with 8,368; Illinois with 7,427; and Pennsylvania with 6,957. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 13.5 million in the world, with more than 584,000 deaths. More than 7.5 million people have recovered. Resources on COVID-19 and California’s reopening: Use our interactive page to track the state and Bay Area’s reopening by county. For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. Information on Bay Area school reopenings can be found here. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign… Read full this story
- Live Updates: National Weather Service Says Texas Storm Is "Beyond Anything Experienced"
- Live Updates: At Least 43 People Have Died In Hurricane Florence — And More Flooding Is Expected
- Desperate to ease homelessness, California officials look to New York ‘right to shelter’ policy
- Winter Session updates: Both Houses adjourned sine die amid uproar over ‘rape in India’ remark
- Newsletter: Democratic debate in L.A., maybe, and more in the week ahead
- Camp Fire: Death toll rises to 56, officials say 130 people are still missing
- Thousands of Camp Fire evacuees in shelters, tents face long wait for normalcy
- Oakland official wants to house 1,000 homeless people on a cruise ship as California cities struggle to grapple with the homelessness crisis
- California Fires Map, Update as Getty Fire, Kincade Fire, Tick Fire, Vallejo Fire Devastate Parts of Los Angeles, Bay Area
- Northern California Wildfire Becomes The Most Destructive In State History
Coronavirus live updates: California unemployment filings rise in 17th week of shelter-in-place have 331 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.