The majority of bars located on the popular Bui Vien walking street in Ho Chi Minh City have stayed close, despite the lifting of the social distancing order, leaving the usually bustling backpacker street quiet. Following the implementation of the government’s preventive measures on the continued suspension of bars and massage services, plenty of business outlets on Bui Vien walking street have remained closed. Despite a small number of bars and restaurants re-opening, the street which populous with backpackers in Ho Chi Minh City, still appears quiet. Before the social distancing campaign was enforced, the majority of establishments on the street were packed with customers from 8pm until midnight. A restaurant owner says that the majority of the eatery’s customers are foreign, with the impact of the novel coronavirus serving to diminish business from western customers. Most foreigners staying on Bui Vien walking street have been left stranded and are unable to purchase tickets to return to their home country, while others are waiting for the epidemic to be controlled in order to return home. Hoang Thanh, a local hotel owner, says since the outbreak of the virus, the number of visitors has suffered a 70% drop in comparison to… Read full this story
- Good riddance 2020! The year of the pandemic ends on a whimper (and lots of little bangs) as locked-down streets are deserted and Britons 'celebrate' 2021 with low-key fireworks at home
- Saigon’s third pedestrian street makes its official debut
- Life after COVID: The pandemic has transformed Denver streets and sidewalks. Could these changes be permanent?
- Police who fined two women £200 for socially-distanced country walk are slammed by ex-chief constable who says 'if police don't act fairly, public won't comply'
- More than $30,000 in microgrants available for Denver walking and bicycling projects
- Welcome to England under Lockdown 3: Masked key workers on Underground provide only hustle-and-bustle... while above ground streets are SILENT on day shutdown officially comes into force
- Thank God it's 2021! Year of the pandemic ends with the ball drop in a deserted Times Square, Bill de Blasio dancing on stage and nightclubs packed in Florida where indoor parties are allowed - while millions are forced to celebrate at home
- Brexit is DONE! Britain FINALLY breaks free of EU rules - with Dover lying deserted on the stroke of 11pm amid warnings of queues and shortages ahead
- Inked incognito: Here’s some of the best Covid-era street art from around the world
- High Street sales slaughter: Shops in Tier Four towns and cities suffer 72% slump in crucial post-Christmas footfall compared to year before
Bui Vien walking street remains deserted after re-opening have 417 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.