close Video Armed individuals seen near Atlanta Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was killed Protesters tell Steve Harrigan that police officers will have to leave the area. In an impassioned press conference Sunday night, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms issued a full-throated call for citizens to stop “shooting each other up on our streets,” after an 8-year-old girl was shot and killed on the Fourth of July near a Wendy’s that has become a flashpoint of anti-police Black Lives Matter (BLM) protests in the city. Bottoms, a Democrat who is considered a potential running mate for Joe Biden, made the remarks as she fought through tears — and the nation endured a new bout of urban carnage . Sixty-three people were injured and 17 killed in Chicago, including two children, over the weekend; and in New York City, 44 were hurt and at least six killed. "Enough is enough,” Bottoms said. “Enough is enough. We have talked about this movement that’s happening across America and this moment in time when we have the ears and the interests of people across this country and across this globe who are saying they want to see change. But the difference in this moment in time with the… Read full this story
- 103-year-old woman takes gold in Senior Games 100-meter dash
- Do The Lessons Of Selma Intersect In Ferguson 50 Years Later?
- In Atlanta, smart city plans aim for safety
- Ferguson One Year Later: Mike Brown, Black Lives Matter
- Facebook yanks video of cold-blooded murder, responds to ‘horrific crime’
- Projecting Every Top 2019 NBA Rookie's Impact in Year 1
- South Carolina Politicians Call For Removal Of Confederate Flag
- Anonymous breaches San Francisco's public transport site
- Gmail to Drop IE6 Support This Year
- Few Tech Issues Will Move in Congress for the Rest of the Year
Atlanta mayor calls for citizens to stop 'shooting each other' after murder of 8-year-old near BLM protest site have 291 words, post on www.foxnews.com at July 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.