Retail-service revenue increases 5.3 percent in June Retail and service revenue amounted to some 2.38 quadrillion VND (103 billion USD) in June, up 6.2 percent on month and 5.3 percent on year. However, between January and June, the figure saw an annual decrease of 0.8 percent. Also in the period, the retail sector earned about 1.89 quadrillion VND, an annual increase of 3.4 percent. The rise was attributable to abundant supply of goods and thriving online shopping, particularly during the COVID-19 social distancing period. By contrast, the accommodation and catering services earned just 234.7 trillion VND, down 18.1 percent against the same period last year. The tourism revenue also followed suit with an annual reduction of 53.2 percent. In the first half, the sector reeled in just about 10.3 trillion VND due to a hiatus in welcoming foreign visitors to control the spread of COVID-19. Meanwhile, the summer vacation of students is yet to arrive, resulting in a less vibrant domestic travel market. Stock market players hail covered warrants on 1st anniversary One year after they were introduced on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange, covered warrants have had a positive impact on the market, helping increase liquidity for their… Read full this story
- Caught in the Mill: Pain Doctors Say They're POWs in the War on Opioids
- Eyota, Minn. resident battles stage 3 colorectal cancer
- Republican gubernatorial candidate drives 'deportation bus’ around Georgia
- Big changes at Mayo campuses in Austin and Albert Lea
- Is President Donald Trump unwelcome at Sen. John McCain's funeral?
- Meghan McCain tells Orrin Hatch, others to 'chill out' about her father, Sen. John McCain
- Hostage to Myanmar
- A Debut Novel Sees Divorce Through the Eyes of a Child
- Sen. John McCain, even in illness, sparks lively debates
- Trump condemns White House 'leakers' as traitors, cowards after furor over McCain 'joke'
VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 6 have 284 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.