A Senate committee on Tuesday advanced the nomination of President TrumpDonald John TrumpUtah Lieutenant Gov. Cox leads Huntsman in close governor’s race Trump tweets ‘we all miss’ Ailes after swiping at Fox Former NFL player Burgess Owens wins Utah GOP primary MORE’s pick for the second-in-command role at the Energy Department. Mark Menezes’s nomination to be deputy energy secretary received opposition from just one senator on the chamber’s Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Catherine Cortez MastoCatherine Marie Cortez MastoKlobuchar withdraws from Biden VP contention OVERNIGHT ENERGY: Interior faces legal scrutiny for keeping controversial acting leaders in office | White House faces suit on order lifting endangered species protections | Lawmakers seek investigation of Park Police after clearing of protesters Senate advances deputy energy secretary nominee MORE (D-Nev.), over the Trump administration’s reported consideration of nuclear testing. The Washington Post reported last month that administration officials discussed the possibility of such testing during a May 15 meeting with senior officials. ADVERTISEMENTThis would be the first time the U.S. has conducted a nuclear test since 1992. In the 20th century, some U.S. nuclear tests were conducted at a site in Nevada, Cortez Masto’s home state. “Reports are suggesting that this Administration is prepared to jeopardize the health… Read full this story
- Nominee praised, criticized
- Committee votes to move David Bernhardt's nomination to full Senate vote : Indybay
- Utah Sens. Mike Lee, Mitt Romney vote to confirm Trump nominee for Interior secretary
- Coloradan David Bernhardt confirmed as Trump’s Interior secretary
- Former Trump Officials Signed a Pledge to Avoid Lobbying. At Least 33 of Them Have Found a Way Around It.
- Trump’s next Interior secretary expected to push energy extraction in Colorado
- Trump nominates Colorado native and ex-lobbyist Bernhardt to head Interior department
- EDITORIAL: Trumps puts his appointees in all the wrong jobs
- Chairs Grijalva and Jared Huffman Request Documents on Bernhardt's Ties with Westlands : Indybay
- Aides planned to share nuclear technology with Saudis
Senate advances deputy energy secretary nominee have 316 words, post on thehill.com at June 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.