In comments likely to encounter some push-back, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters on a conference call Thursday that the league is planning games in stadiums with fans this fall. According to multiple media reports and accounts on social media, Goodell also said training camps will open on time this summer, meaning all players would report to camps by July 28. Goodell said the plan is to “get ready for games at our stadiums and to engage our fans both in stadiums and through our media partners,” according to an account of the call by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. Measures such as seat covers and extensive testing are among the precautions planned. Officials earlier Thursday scrubbed the annual Hall of Fame game and enshrinement ceremony. They are considering jettisoning some of the other pre-season games, accelerating a move already under way as the league prepares to adopt a 17-game regular season and a shorter pre-season. Related Story Dr. Anthony Fauci: “I Would Not Be Surprised If We Go Up To 100,000 [New Cases] A Day; Clearly We Are Not In Total Control” Compared with other leagues, the NFL has thus far put up a brave front (of denial, some critics… Read full this story
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says league was wrong for not listening to players earlier about racism
- Coronavirus: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says league won't jump queue for vaccine
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell 'Supports' and 'Encourages' a Team to Sign Colin Kaepernick
- Pittsburgh Penguins To Open Training Camp Jan. 3
- Roger Goodell says NFL will invite vaccinated workers to Super Bowl LV
- NFL Gunning to Send Vaccinated Heath Workers to Super Bowl, Says Roger Goodell
- Roger Goodell: NFL has not set fan capacity for Super Bowl
- Warriors’ training-camp invitees face high stakes during 3 preseason games
- Nuggets Mailbag: Who is the surprise “MVP” of training camp?
- Roger Stone says he found out about his pardon from watching Fox News as he thanks Donald Trump and is granted clemency along with 28 others including Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner's father who hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Says League Plans Games With Fans In Stadiums, On-Time Opening Of Training Camp have 339 words, post on deadline.com at June 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.