Ho Chi Minh Television (HTV) is offering a new TV drama programme about Vietnamese theatre in the 1960s and 80s. Famous plays in a southern style staged in the 1960s and 80s are part of a new drama programme produced and aired by Ho Chi Minh City Television. — Photo courtesy of the producer The programme, called Chuyện Về Những Vở Diễn Một Thời (Vietnamese Theatre in the Past and Now), features a series of famous plays consisting of dramas, cải lương (reformed opera) and tuồng (classical drama), written and directed by talented artists in the South who played a role in the country’s theatre developments. The plays portray southern culture and lifestyles. Talks by veteran performers, such as People’s Artist Kim Cuong and People’s Artist Bach Tuyet, are also included. The first show featuring Lá Sầu Riêng (Durian Leaf), a dramatic play about southern women written and directed by People’s Artist Cuong, aired last weekend. People’s Artist Kim Cuong, a guru of cai luong and drama in the south. — Photo courtesy of the HCM City Theatre Artists’ Association “My wife and I were happy watching Lá Sầu Riêng on TV, although we enjoyed the play on stage in Sai Gon in 1963,” said Bui Xuan Truong, a resident of Binh Duong Province. “Actress Cuong and her staff offered a quality drama in a southern style, a style that requires specific performance skills. I cannot find… Read full this story
- New TV series focuses on lives of Vietnamese young people
- Apple launches replacement programme for iPad Air 2019 models facing ‘blank screen’ issue
- New TV series focuses on lives of young people
- Phillip Schofield’s new TV series scrapped over coronavirus fears
- After a brief ban two Malayalam TV channels back on air
- New trends influencing Vietnamese real estate market
- New TV Shows 2019: What You Need to Start Watching
- Nicole Kidman’s new TV thriller The Undoing set to air in Australia in May
- EXCLUSIVE: Lisa Vanderpump tells DailyMailTV there's 'shocking moments' in new season of Vanderpump Rules and admits she's had 'friction' with RHOBH castmates
- Richard Bacon 'set to return to TV screens with new BBC game show... two years after battle with pneumonia left him in a COMA for 11 days'
New TV programme on Vietnamese theatre airs have 377 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 11, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.