Vietnam's economic engine HCM City has the country's lowest fertility rate of 1.53, according to the Ministry of Health's latest report in June. A newborn at HCM City’s Hung Vuong Hospital. The city’s fertility rate is lowest in Vietnam. A total 21 provinces and cities have low to very low fertility rates, mostly in the Mekong Delta, southeast and central coastal regions. With a total population of 38 million, these provinces' prolonged declining fertility rates pose dire threats to the country's future in terms of security, workforce and economy, the report said. Meanwhile, 33 others have high fertility rates, with the central province of Ha Tinh topping the list at 2.9 births per woman of childbearing age. The MoH has recently decided to attempt to adjust fertility rates among localities to maintain the desired fertility at replacement level of two to 2.2 children per woman of reproductive age. The ministry said it would allocate State funds to provide contraceptive methods to localities with low birth rates which are usually poor and currently account for 42 per cent of the country's population. There will also be incentives to encourage families in areas with low fertility rates to have more children. The plan… Read full this story
- Zika concerns could test Singapore's efforts to boost birth rate
- Vietnam health ministry calls for tighter virus control in 11 localities
- nCoV virus: 35 people await test results, says health ministry
- Health Ministry sets up emergency response teams against Coronavirus
- Vietnam ready to declare health emergency over coronavirus: PM
- How vulnerable is Colorado to a measles outbreak due to its low vaccination rate?
- Vietnam stands ready to repel deadly coronavirus: Deputy PM
- Public health bosses urge 2,000 recent arrivals from China to call NHS if they feel ill and tells doctors to ask patients with flu symptoms if they’ve travelled to Wuhan as 14 people are tested for coronavirus in UK
- World Health Organization declares China's coronavirus is a HIGH risk to other countries and admits it rated it 'moderate' by MISTAKE last week - as death toll rises to 82
- Vietnam is well controlling nCoV-caused acute respiratory disease: PM
More than 20 localities in Vietnam have low birth rate: Health Ministry have 350 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.