At least 20 Indian soldiers died in the worst border incident in decades between the two countries. China and India have accused each other of provoking fighting in which at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a disputed Himalayan area. The Indian army said that both sides suffered casualties, but there has been no word on numbers from China yet. Tuesday’s battle was reportedly fought with rocks and clubs. However, no shots were fired. The Indian army said a number of its troops “were critically injured in the line of duty”. The statement goes on to note that the injured soldiers were also “exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain “. Monday’s confrontation in the Ladakh region was the first deadly clash in the border area in at least 45 years. India said China had tried to “unilaterally change the status quo”. Beijing accused Indian troops of “attacking Chinese personnel”. The two armies later held talks to try to defuse tensions. What happened? Early on Tuesday, the Indian army said three of its soldiers had died in a clash in Ladakh, in the disputed Kashmir region. It later said that “17 Indian troops who were critically injured… Read full this story
- Future of India-China ties depends on mutual sensitivity to each other's core concerns: S Jaishankar
- India, China to host 70 events to mark 70th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Why there's trouble on the India-China border
- Modi, Xi inject new momentum in India-China ties, decide to set up new mechanism for boosting trade
- 70 celebratory activities to mark 7th anniversary of India-China ties
- India, China to hold 70 celebratory activities to mark 7th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 70 celebratory activities to mark 70th anniversary of India-China ties
- India, China to Celebrate 70 Years of Bilateral Relations
- India, China Spar Over Legacy of Traditional Tibetan Medicinal System 'Sowa-Rigpa'
- India, China ties should be a factor of stability in uncertain world: Jaishankar
India-China clash: Two sides blames each other for deadly fighting have 308 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.