Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday accused the Union government of setting a ‘new example of forced extortion’ by raising fuel prices for 22 times and asked it to immediately roll back the increase, as part of the party’s online campaign against regular fuel price increases.Ms. Gandhi charged the government with ‘profiteering’ at the expense of people instead of helping them during the present crisis. She called the fuel hikes a ‘living proof ‘of how the government can take away people’s hard earned money to fill its coffers.Also read: Petrol price up 25 paise, diesel 21 paise“After the March 25 lockdown, the Modi government, in the last three months, has raised the prices of petrol and diesel 22 times. The price of diesel has gone up by ₹11 a litre and that of petrol by ₹9.12 a litre. The Modi government has made provision for collecting lakhs of crores by raising excise duty in the last three months and all this is happening at a time when the international crude oil prices are continuously falling,” she said in a video message.Taking part in the ‘Speak Up Against Fuel Hike’,she said the common people were finding it very difficult with the double… Read full this story
- Are Price Hikes in Store for Sun Software Support?
- Netflix Protest Quietly Ends As Price Hike Takes Effect
- Update: SAP customers forced to move to pricier support
- CIOs have to learn the new math of analytics
- Why “price gouging” helps save lives in disaster zones like the Houston flood… and government price controls can get people KILLED
- A New Path To Change
- Keep your mobile devices fueled on the go
- The NFL's New Fight Club
- New regulations will soon swell IT workloads
- How Solar Sister is fueling a women-led clean energy revolution in Africa
Fuel price hikes ‘new example of forced extortion’: Sonia Gandhi have 291 words, post on www.thehindu.com at June 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.