TV personality Quyen Linh’s project on the Gieng Tien Culture Complex has begun in Chau Thanh District, the southern province of Soc Trang. Television MC Quyen Linh. File photo Linh has invested VND200 billion (US$8.6 million) into the five-year project to preserve and promote the culture and religion of Khmer ethnic minority group. “The project aims to boost cultural exchange between Soc Trang Province and other provinces,” said Linh. “It will become a tourism hotspot and create jobs for Khmer people in the province.” The project on the 10ha-Giang Tien Culture Complex will include renovation of the Gieng Tien (Fairy Well), as well as the construction of a new museum and traditional Khmer house. “The Gieng Tien project will help develop local tourism and contribute to the State budget,” Tran Van Chuyen, Soc Trang Province People’s Committee Chairman, said at the project inauguration ceremony. The complex will connect religious tours to the Doi, Chen Kieu, Khleang and Dat Set pagodas. “I was surprised by Linh’s project,” said singer Ho Le Thu. “It is meaningful to Khmer people.” This is the first Khmer culture and tourism area in Soc Trang Province. The project is expected to be completed in 2025 and… Read full this story
- Literature tourism could be just write for Hue
- Literature tourism could be just write for Huế
- Ninh Binh ready for opening ceremony of National Tourism Year
- The Biggest Pop Culture Moments of the Decade
- Top 20 TV Shows of 2017: A Best-of List in a Year of Ickiness
- All Hail the Pop Culture Remix
- Vinpearl, changing the face of Vietnam’s tourism
- Building ASEAN 2020 - "cohesion and proactive adaptation"
- “Bui Xuan Phai: For Love of Hanoi” Awards:Hanoi in continuous movement
- Why Amber Rose Won’t Date Bisexual Men—And Why She’s Wrong
Famous TV host Quyen Linh builds Khmer culture and tourism complex have 291 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.