WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TODAY> CDC issues new guidance for large gatherings, ‘strongly encourages’ use of face masks > COVID-19 spikes, but most governors signal they’re staying the course > Study finds wearing masks could prevent a second wave of virus > Trump campaign says attendees can’t sue if they contract virus at rallies > Oregon, Utah pause reopening plans after cases jump> Surgeons perform first known US lung transplant for COVID-19 patient > Education Secretary DeVos issues emergency rule barring colleges from granting virus relief funds to ‘dreamers’> Surgeon general urges protesters to take coronavirus precautions> WHO says African cases have doubled in just 18 days> Eurasia Group founder Ian Bremmer says Trump right on China but wrong on WHO, predicts ‘major’ economic crisis brewing in middle-income countriesTo mask or not to mask? By now, many Americans know to wear masks in public, especially in enclosed spaces. A new study by Britain’s Cambridge and Greenwich universities found communitywide use of face masks combined with social distancing could prevent second waves of the coronavirus, Reuters reports. (The Hill) And, just in today, the CDC is now advising organizers of large gatherings to ‘strongly encourage’ the use of face coverings. Federal health officials on Friday urged… Read full this story
- Experts say Trump's decision to pull out of the Kim Jong Un summit was right, but North Korea may still benefit
- Ian Bremmer: Many GOP, Dems 'Hate' the Other Side
- Ian Bremmer: The US could be the biggest loser in a North-South Korea peace treaty
- ‘Sorry, it’s the way I negotiate,’ Trump says of US-China talks
- Fact-check: What Trump got right and wrong in State of the Union address
- Corporate Rights Are Again at Issue as AT&T Wants to Keep Info a Secret
- FDA Issues Final Guidance on Use of Real-World Evidence to Support Regulatory Decision-Making for Medical Devices
- Trump's China policy: incoherent, value-free
- Pelosi says Trump is failing to pay attention to intelligence advisers
- Senator says Trump wants to jump back into trade deal he once called 'a rape of our country'
Eurasia Group founder Ian Bremmer says Trump right on China but wrong on WHO; CDC issues new guidance for large gatherings have 345 words, post on thehill.com at June 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.