New Delhi: With the demand from the electric vehicle (EV) sector continuing to accelerate, Nickel Sulphate production is expected to rise from 211 kilo-tonnes (Kt) in 2019 to its peak at 450 Kt in 2027, reaching approximately 800 Kt by 2035, according to research firm Wood Mackenzie.Nickel Sulphate has historically been used in solution as an electrolyte in nickel plating, with other minor applications, such as in the manufacture of catalysts. More recently, it has become increasingly important as a feed chemical in the production of battery cathode materials, particularly in lithium-ion batteries for EVs.Wood Mackenzie expects the nickel sulphate market to move into surplus this year, and potentially remain oversupplied through to at least 2025. The main reason for the oversupply is the additional material to be generated by three high-pressure acid leach plants currently under construction by Chinese groups in Indonesia. The combined capacity of these plants is 160 Kt of contained nickel, all of which is destined to produce nickel sulphate.In the longer term, additional nickel sulphate production is needed to meet the forecast growth in demand, particularly from the EV sector. Around 500 Kt of additional nickel in sulphate will be required over the eight-year period… Read full this story
- The electric vehicle revolution has a cobalt problem
- The Faster, Cheaper, Better Way to Charge Electric Vehicles
- How do I charge my electric car?
- UK renewables startup Octopus is teaming with a Silicon Valley firm in a smart energy push
- Oregon just became the first state to legalize mass timber high-rises, and it could lead to a boom in tall wood buildings
- Can the Bitcoin boom revive a remote B.C. ghost town?
- For now, at least, the world isn’t making enough batteries
- The rapids of revolution: Energy-smart villages across Scotland cash in by making hydro power
- Tesla swerves on its retail strategy
- Tesla supporters are making 5 crucial mistakes
Electric Vehicles boom will push Nickel Sulphate supply to peak in 2027: Wood Mac have 301 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.