Funke Akindele recently appeared in a public health video to raise awareness about coronavirus. Prominent Nigerian actress Funke Akindele has been widely criticised for holding a party during the lockdown imposed to tackle coronavirus. The party in her Lagos mansion was held to celebrate the birthday of her husband, producer JJC Skillz. Akindele has appeared in a Nigeria Centre for Disease Control video to raise awareness about coronavirus. She has defended the party, saying that everyone who was there had been living in her house for two weeks. However, her tweet has since been deleted. Under the lockdown, all gatherings of more than 25 people have been banned in Lagos, Nigeria’s biggest city, which has an estimated population of about 20 million people. It is not clear from the video, posted online by JJC Skillz, whether the party exceeded that limit – but it has nevertheless been widely condemned for setting the wrong example. Those seen in the video include singer Naira Marley and actress Eniola Badmus, and some Nigerians have questioned whether they have been living with Akindele and her husband. Akindele is one of Nigeria’s best-known actresses and came to prominence for her series Jenifa’s Diary, broadcast on… Read full this story
- Complaint filed against Anita Raaj for allegedly hosting a party amid lockdown, actor refutes claims
- Coronavirus outbreak: Yamunanagar plywood industry seeks relaxation amid lockdown in Haryana
- Victoria Beckham marks her 46th birthday with epic throwback snaps as she prepares to 'dance in spirit' with family at a virtual party amid lockdown
- God’s plan is bigger than your mistakes — Funke Akindele
- Ajit Pawar: Economy will be given momentum in phases amid lockdown
- Milind Soman skips rope with 81-year-old mother amid lockdown, says ‘you are old only when you think you are’, watch
- Lagos’ COVID-19 lockdown palliatives: How far, so far?
- Here's how Ayushmann Khurrana and Tahira Kashyap celebrated daughter Varushka’s birthday amid lockdown
- Yami Gautam Reveals Why She Abstains From Constantly Flocking To Social Media Amid Lockdown
- Choti Sarrdaarni's Anita Raj Invites Friends Over For Drinks Amid Lockdown; Security Informs Cops!
Coronavirus: Nigerian actress Funke Akindele under fire for Lagos party amid lockdown have 338 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.